AUGUSTA, GA (WJBF) - One person is dead and another injured after an early morning shooting on the 200 block of East Boundary in Augusta.
Investigators say the call came in around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday morning.
The Richmond County Coroner has identified the victim as 27-year-old Anthony McGowan.
McGowan was shot at least once. He was taken to AU Medical Center where he later died from his injuries.
Investigators also identified the second victim as 19-year-old Mikeem Jackson.
Jackson reportedly showed up at University Hospital with a gunshot wound to his back. His condition is currently unknown.
Three suspects have been arrested in connection with the shooting.
24-year-old Jatavisa Jones is charged with Murder, Aggravated Assault, Criminal Attempt Armed Robbery and Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Crime. He is being held at the Webster Detention Center.
16-year-old Kaovion Dickey and 15-year-old Phillip Leach are also both charged with Murder. They are being held at the RYDC.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Man arrested after driving himself and victim to sheriff's office following fatal shooting
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop