One man is behind bars following a narcotics bust in Burke County.
Ernest Harris, aka Twist, was arrested in his home on Monday and charged with the following:
- Felony Trafficking Methamphetamine
- Felony Trafficking Heroin
- Felony Possession of Cocaine
- Felony Possession of Marijuana WID
- (4 counts) Felony Possession of a Controlled Substance With Intent to Distribute
Investigators were alerted to the possible sale of drugs from the home back in September.
A search warrant was executed at Harris’s home on the 1500 block of Highway 23 South on Monday just before 7 p.m.
Investigators found the following inside Harris’s home:
- Methamphetamine approximately 52.2 grams / 1.84 ounce
- Heroin approximately 4.2 grams
- Crack Cocaine approximately 2 grams
- Marijuana approximately 21.8 grams
- 2mg Suboxone Strips
- 2mg Zubsolv Tablets
- 2mg Alprazolam Tablets
- 80mg Oxycotin Tablet
- 5mg Oxycodone Tablets
“We are aware of the impact Prescription Pills, Heroin, and Methamphetamine has had on our community and family members of overdose victims. We will continue to work tirelessly to get the individuals off the streets that are responsible for selling these drugs to our youth in an effort to improve our county and the entire CSRA.” Stated Chief Deputy Lewis Blanchard