AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The man charged in the shooting death of an Augusta Code Enforcement Officer has been denied bond.
Smitty Melton is accused of shooting Officer Charles Case, last month.
Case was putting up a condemnation sign at Melton’s property on 13th Avenue when he was shot.
Richmond County deputies responded to 1222 13th Street, finding Charles Case lying on the ground with several gunshot wounds. EMS rushed to the scene to attempt to render first aid and CPE, but they were unsuccessful.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Making sure a dog’s final days are filled with love
- Newsfeed Now: Moderna seeking emergency use authorization for COVID-19 vaccine; young genius makes history
- A place of comfort for families with hospitalized loved ones
- Arizona certifies Biden’s victory over Trump
- Former trooper accused in death of Julian Lewis granted bond
- Meet Charlotte, a Banded Huntsman Spider who found a home
- Brightly burning meteor seen across wide areas of Japan
- 2 young boys, man killed in suspected DUI crash in California; 2 other children injured