AIKEN, S.C. (WJBF) - A suspect is now in custody in connection with a recent Aiken County murder.
30-year-old Kellie Lynn Collins is charged with Murder and Grand Larceny in the death of Curt Cain.
Cain was found shot dead in his home by deputies performing a wellbeing check, requested by his employer, Swiss Krono in Barnwell.
During the investigation into his death, it was discovered that his blue Subaru Legacy was missing.
Collins was later identified as a suspect.
She reportedly surrendered to authorities in McDuffie County on Tuesday.
Collins was previously a Georgia Congressional Candidate. She dropped out before qualifying.
SC sex offender gets 6 years after...
Witness sought in Aiken hit and run...
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Inmate Found Dead
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop