(WFLA/CBC) - Canadian police are looking for the man who posed a delivery man and shot a woman with a crossbow.
Police say it was a premeditated, but isolated attack.
Peet Regional police in Ontario say the suspect posed a delivery man and went to the woman’s home.
He was holding a large box concealing the weapon.
After a short conversation, he shot her with the crossbow.
"After being struck by the arrow in the chest area, the victim suffered massive trauma that was both life threatening and life altering. This was not a random act, comments that were made to the victim by the suspect indicate that the victim was targeted and that the suspect may have carried out the attack at the request of another individual,” said Police Supt. Heather Ramore.
The 44-year-old victim nearly died from her injuries.
Her attacker will be charged with attempted murder once he is captured.
- Pizza for breakfast is healthier than cereal, nutritionist claims
- Pot smokers find caged tiger in abandoned house, Houston police say
- KFC wants you to enjoy romance on a Colonel Sanders bearskin rug this Valentine's Day
- Ax-wielding man wrecks home after thinking wife damaged action figures
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood