AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - District Attorney Natalie Paine has filed a new motion in the case of Leon Tripp, saying she intends to seek the death penalty against him.
The motion filed in Superior Court states, Tripp allegedly killed his step-daughter, 16-year-old Latania Janell Carwell, during the act of another felony and that the crime was outrageously vile and the murder involved torture.
After Latania Janelle's remains were identified earlier this week, The DA upgraded the charges against Tripp as well as formally charged her mother, Tanya Tripp, with murder.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- More grant money to juvenile court expands therapy for teens and parents before doing jail time
- Edgefield County murder arrest
- Accident causes an early morning roadblock on Pine Log Road by Storm Branch Road
- Instagram cracks down on fake likes, follows, and comments from accounts using third-party apps
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect