AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – A suspect is in custody following a shooting a gas station in Augusta. Marcia Wimbley is charged with Aggravated Assault.
Monday evening around 9:37 P.M. Richmond County deputies were dispatched to the Smart Grocery on the 3200 block of Wrightsboro Rd. in reference to shots fired.
When deputies arrived, they discovered there was an argument in the parking. The clerk, who was an innocent bystander, went outside to try to calm the situation. He says after everyone got in their cars, he heard a gun go off and realized he had been shot in the hand.
The injury is considered non life threatening.
LATEST NEWS STORIES
- Wagner residents express concerns about damages to local road
- Augusta community establishes a standard for active shooter response
- Watch Biden’s State of the Union address and GOP response
- Woman beats rare leukemia, helps national clinical trial dramatically decrease deaths
- Georgia Cancer Center gets $1.1 million grant for prostate cancer and cardiovascular diseases research