AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – A suspect is in custody following a shooting a gas station in Augusta. Marcia Wimbley is charged with Aggravated Assault.
Monday evening around 9:37 P.M. Richmond County deputies were dispatched to the Smart Grocery on the 3200 block of Wrightsboro Rd. in reference to shots fired.
When deputies arrived, they discovered there was an argument in the parking. The clerk, who was an innocent bystander, went outside to try to calm the situation. He says after everyone got in their cars, he heard a gun go off and realized he had been shot in the hand.
The injury is considered non life threatening.
LATEST NEWS STORIES
- Protests continue in downtown Augusta
- Man with altered mental status missing in Augusta
- Live VIPIR 6 Forecast June 6, 2020
- Total number of cases of COVID-19 in CSRA, SC & GA
- Augusta Market organizers target August to open, pop-up markets to start June 21