BURKE COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) – Tuesday night, around 8:30 p.m. GBI agents served an arrest warrant on Lexie C. Tenhuisen of Waynesville, North Carolina.
The 66-year-old woman was booked into the Burke County Detention Center on 1 count of Involuntary Manslaughter a misdemeanor.
The charges stem from the death of 4-year-old Israel Scott in June of 2022.
Tenhuisen was released after posting a $10,000 preset Magistrate Court bond.
Israel Scott Death Investigation Timeline:
- 6/14/22 – 4-year-old dies after drowning in Burke County
- 7/06/22 – 4-year-old drowning victim’s parents want answers
- 7/06/22 – Burke County Sheriff, District Attorney release statements, report on child’s drowning
- 7/07/22 – “Did she willfully intend for Izzy to die,” Sheriff Alfonzo Williams explains investigation into drowning death of 4-year-old
- 7/09/22 – “Can you imagine your child calling you and you can’t help her–I lost it,” A vigil was held following the drowning of 4-year old Israel Scott
- 7/18/22 – “We’ll never see him graduate college,” Family of Israel Scott respond to sheriff’s office drowning investigation
- 7/26/22 – ‘We’re going to pray Israel gets justice:’ Family holds rally for 4 -year -old drowning victim
- 8/24/22 – ‘He’s going to help save lives’: Family of Izzy Scott pushing for new laws
- 8/27/22 – The Izzy Scott Foundation held a benefit concert to raise awareness for swim laws in Georgia
- 12/30/22 – Burke County swimming instructor charged with involuntary manslaughter by DA’s office