BURKE COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) - A Burke County Sheriff's Office Sergeant is off the job and behind bars, charged with child molestation.
Sergeant Gene Boseman is charged with felony Child Molestation.
He reportedly turned himself in on Monday.
According to an incident report from the Richmond County Sheriff's Office, Boseman is accused of molesting a female relative over the 4th of July weekend at Boseman's home in Augusta.
The Burke County Sheriff's Office was notified by the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office on September 7th of a child molestation complaint filed against Boseman.
FCSO stated that the case was being referred to the Richmond County Sheriff's Office as the alleged incident happened while Boseman was off duty at his home in Richmond County.
Boseman then resigned from his post. His resignation letter can be read HERE.
Upon the conclusion of the RCSO's investigation, Boseman was charged with felony Child Molestation.
He is currently being held at the Webster Detention Center.
Sergeant Boseman worked with the Waynesboro Police Department from 1996 until 2013 at which time he retired. He started with the Burke County Sheriff’s Office in 2013 and was assigned to the Civil Division.
- More grant money to juvenile court expands therapy for teens and parents before doing jail time
- Burke County family steps up to rescue neighbor from house fire
- Controversy continues over 'pending' voter list in GA; Kemp says no one will be denied vote
- South Carolina couple takes road trip to remember
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect