(WJBF) – A Burke County High School teacher is behind bars, accused of assaulting one of his students.
50-year-old Eddie Byrd faces multiple charges to include Sexual Assault, Inticing a Child for Indecent Purposes and Non-Aggravated Child Molestation.
His alleged victim was 15-years-old.
According to the police report, there were multiple meet ups and they did not happen on school grounds.
The Burke County School System tells NewsChannel 6 as soon as they heard of Byrd’s arrest he was immediately placed on leave with pay.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Food prices continue to surge
- Sheriff Roundtree addresses recent gun violence in Richmond County
- Water quality tests underway along Savannah River
- Augusta Mayor’s credit card spending shows events match up with charges to production companies
- Augusta Transit users react to end of no fares
- 11-year-old Augusta boy mowing lawns for free to help those in need
- Biden announces efforts to combat violent crime, gun violence
- Death investigated after body discovered near Aiken Regional Medical Center