AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The man accused of hitting and dragging a Richmond County cop with his vehicle will remain behind bars for now.
Kaylon Smith had his initial court appearance Friday morning and the judge denied him bond.
On Wednesday, Deputy Keith Inman pulled him over for a traffic stop, and that’s when police say Smith took off, pinning Inman to the car.
At last check, Inman was still in the hospital but expected to survive.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Thanksgiving meals served at Bible Deliverance Temple after double homicide Monday in Harrisburg
- How to safely store Thanksgiving leftovers
- WATCH: Southeastern Stream Live Week 10
- Local church giving away 550 hot meals to senior citizens for Thanksgiving
- Alabama mail carrier surprises birthday boy with a gift
- Live VIPIR 6 Forecast Thanksgiving Day November 26, 2020
- 19 Thanksgiving foods that are not safe for your pets
- Marijuana Medicine for Autism