FORT VALLEY, Ga. (WJBF/AP) – Police have arrested the boyfriend of a university student found dead this week in Georgia.
23-year-old DeMarcus Little is being held on charges of criminal damage to property. Fort Valley police accuse him of smashing the windows of Anitra Gunn’s apartment and slashing her vehicle’s tires on Feb. 5.
Gunn was reported missing 10 days later.
Her body was found partially hidden under leaves and branches on Tuesday.
Police say Little could face more charges. The Peach County Sheriff called him a person of interest in Gunn’s death. It’s unclear whether he has an attorney who could speak for him.
Little is confirmed to be a soldier stationed at Fort Gordon in Augusta.
Little entered the service on November 8, 2016. He arrived for duty at Fort Gordon on December 20, 2019.
FORT VALLEY, Ga (WJBF) – The body of a missing Fort Valley State University student has been found.
According to the Peach County Sheriff’s Office, the body has been identified as that of 23-year-old Anitra Gunn.
The senior at Fort Valley State University was last seen on Friday morning.
Deputies confirm her vehicle was found over the weekend but the front bumper was not attached to the car.
On Monday, the Georgia State Patrol’s aviation team used helicopters to search the area.
Anitra Gunn was a full-time student studying agriculture.
The Georgia Bureau of Investigations (GBI) has not announced a cause of death or an arrest in this case.
- Quarantine protocols and testing continue for Vogtle workers; no positive cases confirmed
- Parking lots in downtown Augusta become places of prayer and celebration
- Grovetown City Council to hold a special meeting regarding the City’s Emergency Ordinance
- Tough times ahead for event industry during social distancing
- Emmy-winning musician Adam Schlesinger dies from coronavirus