MADISON (WKOW) - Madison police arrested a man after he called 911 on himself for using an ax to destroy his own property.
The incident occurred Sunday night at a home on Madison’s west side, according to a blog post by Madison Police Chief Mike Koval.
The 34-year-old man thought his wife had damaged his action figures, said Koval.
After his wife had left the house, he used a log-splitting ax to destroy his TV, the TV stand, a laptop and a few other items in the house, the post said.
Then the man took his ax outside to attack the family car, police said. He clipped off both side-view mirrors, “smashed the car,” and finally embedded the ax in the in the windshield, according to Koval.
The man called 911, admitting that he overreacted and had too much to drink, Koval wrote.
Officers arrived at the home just after 10 p.m. to find the ax still stuck in the car’s windshield. Police arrested the man on charges of disorderly conduct and felony damage to property, according to the blog post.
- Pizza for breakfast is healthier than cereal, nutritionist claims
- Pot smokers find caged tiger in abandoned house, Houston police say
- KFC wants you to enjoy romance on a Colonel Sanders bearskin rug this Valentine's Day
- Ax-wielding man wrecks home after thinking wife damaged action figures
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood