AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - A local man is facing charges after allegedly stealing a surveillance camera in Hephzibah.
49-year-old Dale Scott Ragland is charged with Misdemeanor Theft by Taking.
Investigators say Ragland allegedly stole a surveillance camera owned by the Augusta-Richmond County Environmental Services Division from the 3100 block of Birdwell Road.
The camera was installed and monitored by the Richmond County Marshal's Office to look out for illegal dumping in the area.
Deputies got a lead in the case when the camera was later turned on and began transmitting video, alerting authorities and identifying Ragland.
While serving the warrant at Ragland's home, deputies found a number of code violations related to scrap tire accumulation. The two neighboring property owners were also charged for similar code violations.
Ragland was jailed on the theft charge. He was also wanted by the Grovetown Department of Public Safety for failure to appear on charges related to Interference with a Police Officer.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Inmate Found Dead
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop