AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Richmond County Sheriff’s Office, with the assistance of Naval Criminal Investigative Service, is investigating a Navy Petty Officer stationed at Fort Gordon, now facing child molestation charges.
29-year-old Erik Oskar Nelson was arrested on May 26th and faces charges of Enticing a Child for Indecent Purposes and Aggravated Child Molestation.
Nelson is listed as a Cryptologic Technician (Interpretive) 2nd Class, E-5. Officials state that he is a linguist stationed at Navy Information Operations Command on Fort Gordon.
The incident report states that the victim, a 14-year-old girl, had been exchanging text messages with Nelson. It also states that Nelson had met up with her three times.
The victim stated that she didn’t know how Nelson began texting her and that she felt pressured to perform sex acts on him during their third meeting.
The girl’s grandfather states that she doesn’t have the same comprehension as others her age.
As of May 26th, Nelson is being held at the Richmond County Jail.
Officials state that Nelson will continue to receive pay while awaiting trial.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Trump’s Rushmore trip draws real and figurative fireworks
- FL Sheriff: I’ll deputize gun owners if violent protests erupt
- Doctor breaks down impact a vaccine will have on children suffering from Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome related to COVID-19
- RCSO searching for a missing Schizophrenic woman
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Father and son respond to driver having medical emergency behind the wheel
- Here is the latest Georgia news from The Associated Press at 8:40 a.m.
- Here is the latest South Carolina news from The Associated Press at 8:40 a.m.
- Topgolf’s grand opening tee’s off