AIKEN, S.C. (WJBF) – An Aiken couple have been charged with sexually assaulting a horse.
Abigail Ronco and Damian Alexander Connor are charged with committing the crime of “buggery” last summer.
These charges come after Connor’s arrest last week, May 19th, on 10 counts of second degree sexual exploitation of a minor after months of alleged online distribution of child pornography .
The Aiken County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that it was during the investigation into Connor’s recent child pornography charges that video evidence of the assault on the horse was discovered.
In that video evidence, investigators claim that Connor is seen aiding his wife as she sexually assaults the horse on two different occasions dating to May 2019 and June 2019. According to warrants in the case, an interview with Ronco was conducted first before charges were brought and the information provided during that interview matched the footage.
Today’s charges against the couple also came after forensic examination of that footage.
According to a report filed by NewsChannel 6 last September, one of the suspects, Ronco, was part of a call to action after a horse was sexually assaulted at a local farm.
NewsChannel 6 will continue to follow this story as it develops.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- 5 die after SUV crosses interstate median in South Carolina
- Here’s where you’ll have to quarantine if you’re traveling to or from South Carolina
- Trump’s Rushmore trip draws real and figurative fireworks
- FL Sheriff: I’ll deputize gun owners if violent protests erupt
- Doctor breaks down impact a vaccine will have on children suffering from Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome related to COVID-19
- Missing Schizophrenic woman has been found
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Father and son respond to driver having medical emergency behind the wheel
- Here is the latest Georgia news from The Associated Press at 8:40 a.m.