AIKEN, S.C. (WJBF) – An Aiken couple have been charged with sexually assaulting a horse.
Abigail Ronco and Damian Alexander Connor are charged with committing the crime of “buggery” last summer.
These charges come after Connor’s arrest last week, May 19th, on 10 counts of second degree sexual exploitation of a minor after months of alleged online distribution of child pornography .
The Aiken County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that it was during the investigation into Connor’s recent child pornography charges that video evidence of the assault on the horse was discovered.
In that video evidence, investigators claim that Connor is seen aiding his wife as she sexually assaults the horse on two different occasions dating to May 2019 and June 2019. According to warrants in the case, an interview with Ronco was conducted first before charges were brought and the information provided during that interview matched the footage.
Today’s charges against the couple also came after forensic examination of that footage.
According to a report filed by NewsChannel 6 last September, one of the suspects, Ronco, was part of a call to action after a horse was sexually assaulted at a local farm.
NewsChannel 6 will continue to follow this story as it develops.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Augusta Commissioners rethinking waiving all alcohol license fees
- COVID-19 impact on MLK Day events in Augusta
- Introducing candidates for mayor of North Augusta
- Get ready for a little warmer temperatures next few days. – What to expect.
- Final plans for Fleming Park to go before Augusta Commission
- Local antibody study could have far-reaching impacts
- Garth Brooks set to perform at Biden inauguration, says it’s ‘not a political statement’
- When can grandparents safely visit their grandkids after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?