AUGUSTA, GA (WJBF) - Reality Winner has officially plead guilty to leaking classified documents.
Winner has been behind bars since June of 2017 for leaking a classified report that contained top-secret information to a news organization.
Winner is a former active duty member of the U.S. Air Force and had been working in Augusta at Fort Gordon as a government contractor when the documents were released.
As part of a plea deal, Winner has agreed to a reduced sentence where she could serve up to 63 months in prison along with 3 years supervision.
The sentencing hearing will not be scheduled until the judge has had time to look over and approved the pre-sentencing report based on Winners statement she gave in court admitting to the crime.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Inmate Found Dead
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop