SWAINSBORO, Ga. (WJBF) - Four people are recovering after being shot Thursday night in Swainsboro
I spoke to a homeowner who did not wish to go on camera, but she says after what happened last night she's ready to pack up her things and leave this neighborhood.
"The last two days our town has been a war zone," says the police chief.
"I was scared, I thought I was going to die" says a neighbor.
A drive by-shooting Thursday night in Swainsboro left 4 victims injured, including an 11-year old girl.
"She was a sweet little girl she did not deserve what happened to her," says a neighbor.
It happened on Lucky Street. We spoke to one of the neighbors who described how everything unfolded.
"A black car came by and as soon as it turned the corner, it started shooting so everybody took off running," says neighbor.
In light of the recent events the chief says the community needs to come together.
"Try to search for and find some solutions," says the police chief.
Law enforcement says this is an ongoing investigation.
If you have any information on this incident, please call 478-237-0800
3 teen girls charged in Richmond...
Richmond County Investigator arrested...
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- More grant money to juvenile court expands therapy for teens and parents before doing jail time
- Edgefield County murder arrest
- Mayor Hardie Davis speaks out for public safety after ad in Sundays' newspaper targets fire chief
- "Out There...Somewhere": Rocking in Appling
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect