WASHINGTON (WKRG) — Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz is self-quarantined after coming in contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19.
Rep. Gaetz is not experiencing symptoms, the congressman tweeted, adding that he was tested for coronavirus on Monday and expects results soon.
The congressman made headlines last week for wearing a gas mask to a House vote on coronavirus funding.
Several other lawmakers, including Senator Ted Cruz and Representatives Paul Gosar and Doug Collins, have also self-quarantined.
LATEST NEWS STORIES
- Augusta teen accidentally shoots himself
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as November comes to a close
- Zoom invite scam: Don’t click that phony ‘reactivate’ or ‘reschedule’ link!
- Organization works with underprivileged kids in after school program
- Gifts for children to be handed out at Winter Wonderland event