AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - The Henry Brigham community center is marking black history month with a celebration.
On Friday morning the senior choir sang as they honored our ancestors.
The group also performed the black national anthem,"lift every voice and sing."
Black history month became a tradition around 1926 when African-Americans noticed they were not well represented in American history books.
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high