COLUMBIA COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) – The drama surrounding who will provide emergency healthcare to Columbia County goes from 3 to 2.
Doctors Hospital’s Certificate of Need to build a free standing emergency room at the old Fatz Café on Belair Road has been reversed.
Augusta University Health along with University Hospital requested the reversal based on the change in “existing options” from Doctors 2012 request.
In 2012, AU had not yet been awarded the certificate of need to build a hospital in Grovetown.
A Doctors Hospital spokesperson says, they are reviewing the decision and considering available options.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Stench and buzzards raising concerns in Warren County
- Augusta Regional Airport to receive $2.6 million in federal funding
- Augusta receiving $3.4 million for affordable housing, rental assistance
- Democrats to unveil bill to expand US Supreme Court by four justices
- ‘Physical inactivity’ associated with higher COVID-19 risks, study says
- LSU confirms body found in Mississippi River is missing LSU Student
- Scholar Athlete Award: Laney’s Ja’Nya Wilson
- Sand Hills gathering spot regulars push back on criticism