COLUMBIA COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) – The Columbia County School District has announced plans to hold a job fair for school bus drivers.
The job fair is set to take place Thursday June 4th from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Columbia Middle School located at 2013 Raider Way in Grovetown.
Those looking to apply are asked to maintain a safe social distance at all times while attending the job fair. Face coverings and masks are required while entering and exiting the building. You will be able to remove your face mask when seated at your own discretion.
Staff members from the Department of Human Resources and Department of Transportation will be on hand to provide interested candidates an overview of the job description and answer any questions.
All qualified candidates will receive an on-site interview.
Minimum requirements to be a bus driver with The Columbia County School District include:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must pass the school bus drivers annual physical exam to include, drug and alcohol screenings
- Must have a safe driving record
- Must have a positive attitude and a passion for providing a clean and safe mode of transportation for our students
A Commercial Driver’s License is required to drive a school bus. The Columbia County School District offers paid, in-house training for qualified candidates to earn their CDL after
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply online, and to submit their resume to
email@example.com or apply on-site at the job fair.
You can find an application and a complete list of job descriptions online at www.ccboe.net .
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Higher fireworks sales may mean more people in the emergency room with injuries
- Accident involving firetruck on Walton Way at Highland Avenue
- MLB cancels All-Star Game for 1st time since 1945
- Sponsor FedEx asks Redskins to change their name
- NFL to play Black anthem before national anthem
- 5 die after SUV crosses interstate median in South Carolina
- Here’s where you’ll have to quarantine if you’re traveling to or from South Carolina
- Trump’s Rushmore trip draws real and figurative fireworks