COLUMBIA COUNTY (WJBF) – Columbia county commissioners are asking the Georgia legislature to approve Columbia County as a single county judicial circuit.
The resolution was discussed at Tuesday’s commission meeting.
It would still need to be considered at the state level and go though the Juidciary committee.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- 2020 Aiken missing person case becomes homicide investigation
- Child shot in Evans home in 2020 making strong recovery
- Friends of Frances charity raising money for children with special needs
- Burke County man admits operating illegal pill factory
- Boyhood home of Malcolm X gets historic designation in Boston
- ‘I-5 Strangler’ found strangled to death in California prison cell
- Chipotle, e.l.f. team up to satisfy your hunger for beauty
- Capitol Police request 2-month extension of National Guard at US Capitol