IRVING, TEXAS (WIAT) – Great news came Monday for the remaining college football conferences planning to play football this fall. The College Football Playoff selection committee announced it will begin its weekly rankings for the 2020-21 season on November 17.
The selection committee will meet five times prior to releasing its final rankings on December 20. Weekly rankings will be released on Tuesdays.
The top four teams will participate in the Playoff Semifinals Friday, January 1, in the Rose Bowl Game and the Allstate Sugar Bowl. The national championship game will be played on January 11 at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Fla.
The playoff committee is pushing forward with its plans, even with the uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus. That uncertainty lead to the Big Ten and PAC 12 postponing all fall sports.
Below is a complete schedule for the selection committee to announce its rankings on ESPN:
Tuesday, November 17
Tuesday, November 24
Tuesday, December 1
Tuesday, December 8
Tuesday, December 15
Sunday, December 20 (Selection Day)
- Biden’s historic Cabinet begins taking shape
- Out There…Somewhere: “Conduct” a tour of new sculptures
- Trump impeachment trial to begin week of Feb. 8
- Washington County and other rural counties in Georgia see shortage of COVID-19 vaccine
- SLIDESHOW | Inaugural memes of Bernie Sanders: the gift that keeps on giving