GROVETOWN (WJBF) – The City of Grovetown’s 46th Annual Christmas Parade and Christmas Festival is this Saturday, December 5th.
The parade kicks off at 10 a.m. The festival and tree lighting at Liberty Park will begin at 2 p.m.
Liberty Park is located at 1040 Newmantown Road in Grovetown.
The parade route starts on John Huffman Way and will head right onto Horizon South Parkway. It will then turn right onto Wrightsboro Road where it will end at Robinson Avenue.
There are plenty of spaces along Wrightsboro Road to view the parade.
Due to the City’s concerns regarding COVID-19, no candy will be thrown from the parade participants.
Additionally, the City strongly encourages spectators to maintain social distancing guidelines, wear masks if possible and use hand sanitizer.
Mayor Gary Jones stresses the importance of these safety precautions as our citizens enjoy and take part in these events, tomorrow.
- Local activist stands by McCormick shooting suspect, condemns the violence
- Bodies of father, two sons found in Benton County, investigation ongoing
- COVID-19 relief package moves to Senate, faces GOP opposition
- AU seeing increase in nursing school applications amid pandemic
- Charter committee proposal has opposition