(WIAT) — Microsoft officially revealed their next-generation console, the Xbox Series X, during “The Game Awards” Thursday.
During the awards show, Microsoft released a trailer for the new console, showcasing its tower-based design. Phil Spencer, the head of Xbox, appeared on stage to talk about the Series X, saying that it is the “fastest, most powerful Xbox,” and will “set a new bar for performance, speed, [and] compatibility.”
Spencer said developers are already working on new games for the highly-anticipated console. He also unveiled in-engine footage from the new game “Senua’s Saga: Hellblade 2.” Watch these reveals, and “The Game Awards” here.
Shortly after the Xbox Series X was revealed, Microsoft posted additional information about it on their website. Click here to read about the hardware specs, technical expectations, and what has arguably been the most requested feature from gamers: the future of backward compatibility.
What do you think of the Xbox Series X? Are you already planning on picking one up when it becomes available Holiday 2020? Let me know on Twitter: @NickErebia.
- Is your Amazon Black Friday purchase a good deal? This tool will tell you if the price has been lower
- Here’s how drinking hot cocoa could make you smarter
- Here’s what is coming to Netflix – and what’s leaving – in December
- Five homicides in Augusta occur in the week leading up to Thanksgiving
- Pro-Trump donor suing Houston group over failure to prove voter fraud in 2020 election