(WJBF) - For the first time ever, the FDA has given a cannabis-based drug its approval.
The drug Epidiole has been approved for treating two types of epileptic seizures.
The twice-daily oral solution can be used for patients ages two and up.
Cannabidiol is one of more than 80 active cannabinoid chemicals, but unlike THC, it does not produce a high.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Inmate Found Dead
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop