FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — An Arkansas Walmart is being used as a test location to launch all self-checkout registers at its store.
A Walmart spokesperson said Walmart Supercenter Store #359 in Fayetteville is currently removing all of its traditional belt lines to replace them with self-checkout registers.
There will be no cashiers at the location.
Walmart says there will still be employees in the store to assist customers who need or want additional help checking out.
The goal is to speed up the process of checking out with less interaction, the spokesperson said.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Augusta teen accidentally shoots himself
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as November comes to a close
- Zoom invite scam: Don’t click that phony ‘reactivate’ or ‘reschedule’ link!
- Organization works with underprivileged kids in after school program
- Gifts for children to be handed out at Winter Wonderland event
- Aiken reacts to mass shooting at nightclub
- Person sought after card fraud at Bojangles in Augusta
- Man wanted for Family Dollar theft in Hephzibah