AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – UPDATE: Steven Collins is now in police custody after turning himself in Monday afternoon.
Burke County Deputies are searching for 54-year-old Steven Curtis Collins following an aggravated assault in the area of the 2200 block of Corley Road.
Deputies responded to the call on Corley Rd. in reference to a gunshot wound victim. Upon arrival, deputies found an 18 year old male with a gunshot wound to his shoulder. He was taken to Augusta University Medical Center for Treatment with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
Burke County SRT and K9 Leo began a search in the wooded area for the suspect. After searching for miles, the suspect was not located. After further investigation, officers found the suspect and the victim had engaged in a verbal altercation that resulted in a shooting.
If you have any information on the whereabouts of Steven Curtis Collins, please contact the Burke County Sheriff’s Office at (706) 554-2133.
Collins is considered to be armed and dangerous, do not approach him.
- SC House passes bill to ticket slow left lane drivers
- Barnwell mask requirement still in effect
- Cat Musgrove on Dolce Darlin’ and rebuilding a shattered life
- Missing Aiken County man case, now a murder investigation
- Paine College has a chance to win thousands for campus improvements. Here’s how you can help: