#UPDATE (10:15 a.m., July 15, 2020) – A 3rd suspect has been arrested and charged in the death of Marquan Doyle (Patton).
Christopher McCrary is now in jail on the following charges: Murder, Possession of Firearm during the Commission of a Crime, and Criminal Attempt (Felony).
This investigation is ongoing.
AUGUSTA (WJBF) – Two have been charged with murder in the death of 23-year old Marquan Doyle.
The RCSO Criminal Investigation have arrested and charged Marqwez Warney with murder, criminal attempt (felony) and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.
16-year-old Lewis Wigfall has also been arrested and charged as an adult for murder. He will be detained at RYDC.
This investigation is ongoing. Details are limited at this time.
The Richmond County Sheriff’s Office and the Coroner are investing a shooting death.
The body of 23-year old Marquan Doyle (aka: Marquan Patten) of Aiken, S.C., was found on Service Road just off Milledge Road around 3:30 Tuesday morning.
His body will be sent to the GBI crime lab for an autopsy.
Investigators also learned of two other subjects that were shot during this incident.
17-year-old Marqwez Warney was shot and treated at AU Medical center for non-life threatening injuries.
A 16-year-old juvenile was also shot and treated for non-life threatening injuries.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Tons of fish left to rot at shuttered seafood market in Missouri; locals complain of ‘disgusting’ stench
- UAW to expand strike; leader invites Biden to picket with workers
- Film studio could be coming to Augusta
- Powerball: What’s the largest jackpot ever won in your state?
- Meet Randolph White, man who went viral describing sound of F-35 fighter jet crash in Williamsburg County