Beaufort Drive house catches fire

News
Augusta Fire Department Responds to Beaufort Drive House Fire_163605

AUGUSTA, Ga. – (WJBF) A fire broke out at a home on the 500 block of Beaufort Drive just before 4:30 Tuesday morning. Augusta firefighters say a man who was inside told them he was cooking when he noticed flames behind him.

Nobody was injured in the blaze. Chief Chris Reid says the house is not a total loss but is unlivable for now. No cause has been determined yet. The man in the home told firefighters a candle on a bedside nightstand might have started it. An investigation will take place later Tuesday.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.