(CNN) – Some auto insurance companies are giving money back to their customers because people are driving less during the pandemic.
Allstate says it will refund about 15% of premiums paid by costumers in April and May for a total of $600M.
American Family Insurance says it’s giving back about $50 per car for a total of $200M.
Both insurance companies say they are expanding coverage for customers who use their own vehicles to deliver food and medicine during the COVID-19 outbreak.
It’s unclear if other insurers will follow suit but Progressive says it is exploring options.
- Mother of George Floyd’s young daughter speaks out as friends march through Houston
- Aiken City leaders will hold press conference to address protests
- Georgia bars and nightclubs hopeful for the future after re-opening
- Governor Kemp on State protests
- Total number of cases of COVID-19 in CSRA, SC & GA