AIKEN, Sc (WJBF) – Today an Aiken murder suspect’s retrial continues, after a mistrial. Dawon Wells is accused of shooting to death Denzel Bates in 2016.
Bates was found in a vehicle on Rushton Road but police believe he was killed at a home on George Street.
Wells maintains his innocence.
Tiffany Grimes and Johnny Frazier were both charged with accessory after the fact.
Stay up to date with the WJBF News App. Click HERE to download.
- 2020 Nike EYBL Peach Jam cancelled
- Protesters gather on Wrightsboro Road Saturday for a peaceful march
- Live VIPIR 6 Weather Forecast 5/30/20 PM
- Several take to the streets in Augusta following death of man in police custody out of state
- WATCH SOON: Top doctors, mental health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 31