Amir Riep, 21, and Jahsen Wint, 21, are charged with rape with the threat of force, and kidnapping with engaging in sexual activity, both in the first degree. Warrants were issued for the two on Tuesday.
OSU announced late Tuesday night that the players were suspended.
“We are aware that two of our students have been arrested and criminally charged,” the school said in a statement, according to Columbus ABC affiliate WSYX. “They have been suspended from all activities involving the football program. We will share more information when available.”
The players are both redshirt seniors for the Buckeyes’ defense. Riep, a cornerback for the team, is from Cincinnati and is majoring in sports industry.
Wint, who played safety, is from Brooklyn, New York, and is majoring in human development and family science.
- Police investigating after some lawmakers claim Capitol tours were given to rioters ahead of breach
- New Jersey causes stir by making smokers eligible for COVID vaccine
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- Housing shortage impacting buyers in Augusta
- Post Malone donates 10,000 pairs of Crocs to frontline medical workers across the country