(WFLA) - Richard "The Old Man" Harrison of the show "Pawn Stars" has died, his son Rick Harrison confirmed.
On Instagram, Rick Harrison posted that "The Old Man" Harrison passed away Monday morning after a long battle with Parkinson's Disease.
"He will be tremendously missed by our family, the team at Gold & Silver Pawn and his many fans," Harrison wrote. "He was my hero and I was fortunate to get a very cool ‘Old Man’ as my dad. That I got to share him with so many others and they got to see what a great family man he was is something I am grateful to have experienced with him."
In a second post, Harrison says he lost "a friend, a father, a teacher and so much more."
The History Channel, where "Pawn Stars" airs, also tweeted Monday morning saying they are "deeply saddened" by the loss.
"He will be greatly missed for his wisdom and candor," the tweet says. "Our thoughts are with the Harrison family during this difficult time."
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Inmate Found Dead
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop