(WCMH) - Actor Billy Dee Williams is returning to the Star Wars franchise.
Williams, who played Lando Calrissian, will reprise the role in the next Star Wars film, the Hollywood Reporter reported.
The Lando Calrissian character first appeared in Empire Strikes Back in 1980, and again in 1983’s Return of the Jedi. A younger version of the character was played by Donald Glover in this year’s Solo: A Star Wars Story.
Production on the film is expected to begin later this summer, with a release scheduled for December 2019.
No, Tyler Perry isn't giving away...
Dog who played 'Duke' in Bush's Beans...
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Inmate Found Dead
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop