WASHINGTON (AP) – The White House and President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign are lashing out at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for ripping up the president’s State of the Union speech.
No sooner did Trump finish his address Tuesday night then Pelosi tore it in two.
The president had appeared to snub the House speaker before his speech when she extended her hand to him, and he turned back around without acknowledging it.
Tim Murtaugh, the communications director for Trump’s reelection team, responded: “She might as well rip up any plans for attracting independent voters.
The White House accused Pelosi of disrespecting Trump’s guests of honor by ripping up the speech.
LATEST NEWS STORIES
- Biden picks transgender woman as assistant health secretary
- California becomes first state to top 3 million virus cases
- Mets general manager admits sending explicit texts and images to female reporter, report says
- Thief berated mom for leaving kid in car he stole, police say
- House fire leaves Ellis Street home destroyed