(WFLA) - Joe Jackson has died at the age of 89, according to a report from TMZ.
Reports swirled last week that the Jackson family patriarch was in the final stages of terminal cancer. According to TMZ, Jackson passed away early Wednesday morning in Los Angeles.
Over the weekend, his daughter Janet Jackson spoke of her "incredible father" while accepting an award at the Radio Disney Music Awards, according to CNN.
On Sunday night, his granddaughter Paris Jackson tweeted that the family had been visiting him and said she had flown out to be with him all day.
Joe Jackson's death comes just two days after the ninth anniversary of his son Michael Jackson's death.
To Infinity: Toy Story Land opening...
Saturday Knight Fever: Bee Gees star...
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Inmate Found Dead
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop