AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – New screening procedures soon to be available at Augusta University.
AU Health has launched an app that allows doctors to engage in telemedicine screenings of patients.
After entering your medical information, you’ll speak on video, with a doctor, answering their questions.
If the responding doctor believes you are at potential risk, they will schedule a drive-thru testing time for you at AU’s Christenberry Fieldhouse on Wrightsboro Road.
Augusta University Health System is reminding residents that the drive through COVID-19 testing sites are by appointment only.
AU’s instructions are as follows:
- Please create an account at www.augustaexpresscare.com or download the mobile APP of the same name
- You will be directed to participate in a video chat with a physician that is standing by
- If you receive a positive screening, you will be scheduled for an appointment at Christenberry Fieldhouse for drive thru testing.
Click HERE for the Android app.
Click HERE for the iPhone app.
Augusta University prefers that you use the app; however, if you prefer to do the screening over the phone you can call (706) 721- 1852.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Quarantine protocols and testing continue for Vogtle workers; no positive cases confirmed
- Parking lots in downtown Augusta become places of prayer and celebration
- Emmy-winning musician Adam Schlesinger dies from coronavirus
- Local “Teacher Parade” shows school spirit and love
- America Knits in Swainsboro fulfilling new mission for Presidential Task Force
- You could face up to a year and or a $1,000 fine in Washington County if you violate the Local State of Emergency
- ‘Phase 4’: Lawmakers prepare for next coronavirus relief, economic stimulus package
- People crowding grocery stores still need to practice social distancing