The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is planning to update its recommendation on masks.
CDC researchers have been conducting a scientific review about the masks during the coronavirus pandemic. Scientists wanted to find out if masks protect people from contracting COVID-19, not just prevent them from spreading it.
The CDC has already published guidance on its website.
One recommendation says people should wear masks when they leave their home. Another recommends people wear a mask if they cannot properly social distance.
The new CDC guidance on wearing masks is expected “soon,” a senior agency official tells CNN.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- New Augusta Transit Center now open
- Walmart files opioid-related lawsuit against the federal government
- Trump, Biden face off in final presidential debate
- Columbia County creating new courthouse annex
- Student need in Richmond County increased since the start of the pandemic
- Mask and school supply drive held to benefit Richmond County schools
- Senate panel advances nomination to the Supreme Court