AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – Happening Thursday, Augusta University will administer its first doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.
This comes as 68 patients are now in the hospital being treated for the virus.
In a press conference today, 10 frontline caregivers representing various departments and professions will be given the shot.
In total, the first shipment includes 975 doses of the Pfizer vaccine.
Today at 2 p.m., leaders will hold a press conference sharing with the public their rollout plan.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Report: Popular flea & tick collar tied to 1,700 pet deaths, EPA received more than 75,000 complaints
- After 2 recent deaths, why are people still doing extreme baby gender reveals?
- Cat Musgrove on Dolce Darlin’ and rebuilding a shattered life
- Cheating during remote testing is a problem. Now there is a fix
- LaGrange man wrongfully convicted of rape freed after 40 years, reunited with family
- Laney-Walker Famers Market reopens to curb food desert issues
- Football coach Les Miles placed on leave amid misconduct allegations at LSU
- Senate Democrats reach deal on jobless benefits, allowing $1.9T COVID relief bill to move ahead