COLUMBIA COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) – Augusta University health has another drive-thru testing location, this one in Columbia County.
They will start taking appointments in Columbia County on Wednesday.
And that’s super important to pay attention to these drive thru testing sites, both in Augusta and in Columbia County are by appointment only. You must first be screened either on the app or via the hotline.
Chief Medical Officer Dr. Philip Coule explains they are only able to test people who meet CDC guidelines due to the limited amount of tests.
“We have to balance the test and capability with those at highest risk of having a bad outcome from this and that’s why we can’t just test everyone. Even as frustrating as it is. We would love to be able to test everyone, but it’s just not possible given the current constraints.”
AU’s instructions are as follows:
- Please create an account at www.augustaexpresscare.com or download the mobile APP of the same name
- You will be directed to participate in a video chat with a physician that is standing by
- If you receive a positive screening, you will be scheduled for an appointment at Christenberry Fieldhouse for drive thru testing.
Click HERE for the Android app.
Click HERE for the iPhone app.
Augusta University prefers that you use the app; however, if you prefer to do the screening over the phone you can call (706) 721- 1852.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Man arrested after armed robbery at Aiken Quality Inn & Suites
- Manufacturing company to bring high skilled jobs to Augusta Corporate Park
- MCG researchers studying effectiveness of antibodies against COVID-19 variants
- FDA allows pharmacists to automatically swap ‘generic’ insulin for brand-name
- Biden calls for $100 payments to newly vaccinated Americans
- 11-year-old hits goal of mowing 50 lawns for people in need; starting his own business
- ‘Somebody wake me up’: Proud dad reacts to Clearwater’s Bobby Finke winning gold at Tokyo Olympics
- Vaccinated individuals should still get COVID tested, CDC says