COLUMBIA COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) – Augusta University health has another drive-thru testing location, this one in Columbia County.
They will start taking appointments in Columbia County on Wednesday.
And that’s super important to pay attention to these drive thru testing sites, both in Augusta and in Columbia County are by appointment only. You must first be screened either on the app or via the hotline.
Chief Medical Officer Dr. Philip Coule explains they are only able to test people who meet CDC guidelines due to the limited amount of tests.
“We have to balance the test and capability with those at highest risk of having a bad outcome from this and that’s why we can’t just test everyone. Even as frustrating as it is. We would love to be able to test everyone, but it’s just not possible given the current constraints.”
AU’s instructions are as follows:
- Please create an account at www.augustaexpresscare.com or download the mobile APP of the same name
- You will be directed to participate in a video chat with a physician that is standing by
- If you receive a positive screening, you will be scheduled for an appointment at Christenberry Fieldhouse for drive thru testing.
Click HERE for the Android app.
Click HERE for the iPhone app.
Augusta University prefers that you use the app; however, if you prefer to do the screening over the phone you can call (706) 721- 1852.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Gov. Kemp extends COVID-19 orders
- Oath Keeper charged in Capitol riot renounces group, but judge says she’s too dangerous for release
- Aiken County Sheriff’s Office investigating after body found near side of the road in Trenton
- Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan praises vaccination efforts in Augusta
- ‘I hope I make it’: 7-year-old Alabama girl sells lemonade to fund her own brain surgeries
- Third US vaccine could raise question of which shots are best
- ‘I cried in my car for an hour’: Texas first responders share winter storm experiences
- You may have to a wear mask longer than anticipated even with COVID-19 vaccines