(WJBF) - With Thanksgiving shopping well under way the Centers for Disease Control issues an urgent food safety alert.
The culprit? Romaine lettuce.
The leafy green lettuce, popular in many salad mixes and restaurants has been linked to particularly nasty strain of E. Coli.
The CDC gives the following recommendations:
If you have any type of Romaine in your house- throw it away, even if some of it has been used.
This includes bags and boxes of precut lettuce and salad mixes.
Restaurants and stores should not serve or sell any romaine lettuce—including pre-mixes
If you become ill—write down anything you’ve eaten for a week and report to your doctor.
Stuffing VS Dressing: the annual debate
1 dead, 164 sickened due to...
- Pot smokers find caged tiger in abandoned house, Houston police say
- KFC wants you to enjoy romance on a Colonel Sanders bearskin rug this Valentine's Day
- Ax-wielding man wrecks home after thinking wife damaged action figures
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him