SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) - Oh, it's 8 a.m.?
No worries -- go ahead and grab that extra cheese slice for breakfast and skip the bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
New York-based nutritionist Chelsey Amer told The Daily Meal that many breakfast cereals have a very high sugar content and not very much protein, ultimately leading to a sugar crash before lunchtime.
“You may be surprised to find out that an average slice of pizza and a bowl of cereal with whole milk contain nearly the same amount of calories,” Amer said.“However, pizza packs a much larger protein punch, which will keep you full and boost satiety throughout the morning.”
Of course it's a stretch to call pizza a "healthy" breakfast, but shall we all agree it does have protein, carbs, and some may even contain vegetables!
Seems quite... balanced.
Amer adds that a slice of pizza won't give you a "quick sugar crash" you're more likely to get with a heaping bowl of Reese's Puffs.
So once again, pizza isn't your most nutritious option, but when compared to Frosted Flakes, it's a more balanced meal.
"A slice of pizza contains more fat and much less sugar than most cold cereals, so you will not experience a quick sugar crash," she said.
Enjoy that morning slice!
Officials seize 1 million pounds of...
Listeria prompts recall for green...
Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Florida man impersonating officer pulls over undercover cop
- Zookeeper hospitalized after tiger attack at Topeka Zoo
- Missing man in Burke County
- Lawmaker slammed for saying nurses spend considerable amount of time playing cards
- Pizza for breakfast is healthier than cereal, nutritionist claims
- Pot smokers find caged tiger in abandoned house, Houston police say
- KFC wants you to enjoy romance on a Colonel Sanders bearskin rug this Valentine's Day
- Ax-wielding man wrecks home after thinking wife damaged action figures
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood