(WSPA) - The U.S. Department of Agriculture says Jennie-O Turkey Stores are recalling more than 164,000 pounds of raw ground turkey.
The turkey may be contaminated with Salmonella.
The CDC says since November, 216 people have gotten sick in 38 states. 84 people have been hospitalized.
People get sick from Salmonella 12 to 72 hours after swallowing the germ and experience diarrhea, fever and stomach cramps. Most people recover within a week, but some illnesses can last longer and be more severe.
The recalled products, from Jennie-o, were produced at the company's plant in Minnesota in mid-October.
The products are marked with the established number "P-579" and sold in one, 2.5 and 3 pound packages.
Chicken nuggets recall
Del Monte recalls canned corn in 25...
- Pot smokers find caged tiger in abandoned house, Houston police say
- KFC wants you to enjoy romance on a Colonel Sanders bearskin rug this Valentine's Day
- Ax-wielding man wrecks home after thinking wife damaged action figures
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him