(WFLA) - Four kinds of Duncan Hines cake mix have been recalled for possible salmonella contamination.
Conagra brands voluntarily issued the recall.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration says the DNA fingerprint found in a white cake mix sample matched one linked to five cases of salmonella illnesses.
Conagra has decided to voluntarily recall Duncan Hines Classic White, Classic Butter Golden, Signature Confetti and Classic Yellow cake mixes made during the same time period out of an abundance of caution.
According to Conagra, several people who became sick told health investigators they ate cake mix before their symptoms began. The FDA says some of the people may have eaten the cake batter raw.
Salmonella illness usually lasts about four to seven days and most individuals recover without treatment.
As part of the ongoing investigation into the salmonella outbreak, the FDA is inspecting the Conagra facility where the cake mixes were produced.
The following cake mixes are being recalled:
Duncan Hines Classic White Cake 15.25oz
- UPC: 644209307500
- Use by Date: MAR 7 2019, MAR 8 2019, MAR 9 2019, MAR 10 2019, MAR 12 2019, MAR 13 2019.
Duncan Hines Classic Yellow Cake 15.25oz.
- UPC: 644209307494
- Use by Date: MAR 9 2019, MAR 10 2019, MAR 12 2019, MAR 13 2019
Duncan Hines Classic Butter Golden Cake 15.25oz.
- UPC: 644209307494
- Use by Date: MAR 7 2019, MAR 8 2019, MAR 9 2019
Duncan Hines Signature Confetti Cake 15.25oz.
- UPC: 644209414550’
- Use by Date: MAR 12 2019, MAR 13 2019
Consumers who have purchased these items are advised not to consume them and to return them to the store where originally purchased. Conagra Brands is cooperating with the FDA on this recall and is working with customers to ensure the packages are removed from store shelves and are no longer distributed. Consumers with questions should call our Consumer Care team at 1-888-299-7646, open 9 am through 5 pm EST, Monday through Friday or visit www.duncanhines.com.
- Pot smokers find caged tiger in abandoned house, Houston police say
- KFC wants you to enjoy romance on a Colonel Sanders bearskin rug this Valentine's Day
- Ax-wielding man wrecks home after thinking wife damaged action figures
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him