(AP) - A 9-year-old English bulldog has died just weeks after winning the 2018 World's Ugliest Dog contest.
Owner Megan Brainard of Anoka, Minnesota, told NBC's "Today " that Zsa Zsa died in her sleep Tuesday. Brainard says the dog was staying with her father and he found she had passed away when he got up in the morning.
Zsa Zsa - with her floppy tongue, crooked teeth and pink manicure - won the annual contest on June 23 at the Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds in Petaluma, California.
Brainard says Zsa Zsa never really showed much excitement, but that she knew she was special.
Dogs in the annual competition flaunt their imperfections. The contestants included a blackhead-covered Chinese Crested-Dachshund mutt, a bulldog mix with excess wrinkly skin and a Pekingese named Wild Thang.
Dog dies from saltwater poisoning at...
Dogs swipe mail carrier's lunch and...
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Inmate Found Dead
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop