AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - Hoping for good weather this Sunday for the annual Blessing of the Animals.
You're invited to bring your best "pet friend" for a celebration and blessing this Sunday at 4pm in the church courtyard of Saint Paul's Augusta downtown. The event, cosponsored by the Augusta Humane Society, is asking for a donation of needed items which will be collected at the blessing. Needed items include: Paper towels, bleach, Dawn detergent, 13-gallon trash bags, or monetary donations. All animals must be on a leash or in a carrier for the safety of all visitors and their pets to the service.
Stopping by the studio to tell us more about it is Father George Muir.
Blessing of the Animals
4pm-- Sunday, October 7th
Saint Paul's Augusta (Church Yard)
605 Reynolds Street
Augusta, GA 30901
For more information on the service at Saint Paul's Augusta visit www.saintpauls.org or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/saintpaulsaugusta
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- More grant money to juvenile court expands therapy for teens and parents before doing jail time
- Edgefield County murder arrest
- Military police looking for teen missing from post
- Paine College offers CAPS program to the Augusta Community
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect