COBB COUNTY, Ga (WSB-TV)/(AP) - UPDATE: Traffic is moving again after a tractor-trailer carrying cows overturned on Interstate 75 southbound in at Wade Green Road in Cobb County.
Triple Team Traffic's Mark Arum first alerted drivers about the crash around 5 a.m. on Channel 2 Action News This Morning.
Seven of 19 cows that were in the truck died, Cobb County police say.
The crash happened on a major interstate right as the morning rush hour began.
This is not the first time there have been animals on Atlanta roads.
Triple Team Traffic said at 8 a .m. that lane was reopened and traffic is moving again.
Channel 2's Darryn Moore was at the scene where he saw crews removing dead cows from the roadway.
Cobb County police said seven of the 19 cows in the truck died.
How the crash happened is still under investigation.
Authorities say drivers should steer clear of Interstate 75 near Kennesaw, where live cattle have been spilled onto the roadway.
News outlets report a tractor-trailer carrying cows overturned early Thursday morning. The Georgia Department of Transportation says all southbound lanes on Interstate 75 at Wade Green Road in Kennesaw are blocked.
Crews are diverting traffic off at Highway 92, and commuters can use Cobb Parkway as an alternate.
No injuries to bovine or human alike have been reported at this time.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
(WSB-TV) Lanes are blocked on Interstate 75 southbound at Wade Green Road after a tractor-trailer carrying cows overturned Thursday morning.
Triple Team Traffic's Mark Arum says traffic is now backed up for at least three miles in the area.
Triple Team Traffic first reported the incident causing delays around 5 a.m.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- More grant money to juvenile court expands therapy for teens and parents before doing jail time
- Edgefield County murder arrest
- Burke County accident blocks traffic on Highway 25
- Drop-in Thanksgiving lunch held in New Ellenton, South Carolina
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect