AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – Hello art lovers,
Tire City Potters is a studio in the heart of downtown Augusta. They, funny enough, used to house tires, which is where the studio got its name.
Shishir Choksi is an awesome artist. He’s the epitome of what it means to follow your dreams and pursue your passion in art.
YES, it’s art. It’s subjective. So, times are tough, but he manages to find a way to connect with people through his pottery.
He mentions that people are seeking emotional connectivity through physical things and that’s exactly what shows through his art, and why people invest in his studio.
You can stop by and throw some clay, get your hands dirty. It’s a great time and really shows you the value of what goes into just one piece.
***This episode was recorded before the COVID-19 outbreak.
MORE ‘IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD’ EPISODES:
- IYN | Tire City Potters, the passion behind the pots
- IYN | Second City Distilling Co. distills, tours and pours
- Jennie: In Your Neighborhood with Jenna Kelley
- IYN | A step into Ooollee’s closet
- IYN | Schrodinger’s Cat Improv Comedy Troupe
- IYN | Season 2 – Submit Your Idea
- IYN | Dance 2 Inspire
- IYN | The Clubhou.se: An innovators playground